So I’ve got a new website and, with it, a new blog. My plan is to start to re-position the business in my clients’ minds. Strategic facilitation is a great business, but it’s time to start to expand Nick Ingram Consulting to make it more than that.
I want my business to be about helping people to think critically and creatively so that they can have a meaningful impact on the world.
This is a natural extension of what I do now, but I want to make it clearer in everyone’s minds. Not least in my own!
And that’s where this blog comes in. Over the next year I plan to post about how individuals and groups can think critically and creatively. The blog will be a way for me to think out loud about this domain. Hopefully the postings will be useful to you, the reader, as well. That’s certainly the intention.
So, over the next year, you can expect posts on the following topics:
- Critical thinking: the rules of logic (deduction); inductive thinking; common thinking fallacies.
- Creative thinking: how creativity works; ways to think creatively.
- Decision making: effective decision making as an individual; how groups can make coherent decisions together.
- Heuristics: “rules of thumb” we use in thinking.
- “Frames”: frameworks we use that help us generate new ideas or order information coherently.
- Statistics: how the principles of statistics apply to help you make good decisions under uncertainty.
I suspect there will be other topics as well as we unfold together what this domain of critical and creative thinking actually entails.
Let me know in the comments about any topics you would like to see covered.
And don’t forget you can subscribe at the top right corner of this page so you don’t miss an update.